I have a BlackBerry curve i got as an upgrade “present” a while back, and as soon as i got it, i asked for the unlocking code. It finally arrived, and included instructions on how to unlock it.
I had a quick look online, and it seems there are a few places giving out information, and they are all WRONG! instead of reading the text, i tried following the online instructions, and they all failed…
So, here are the instructions, direct from my carrier, and i can confirm they work:
- turn off all data connections: Menu -> Manager Connections -> Turn All Connections Off
- Back to Menu -> Options -> Advanced Options -> Sim Card
- Type in MEPD (nothing shows until you finish typing). you now have a list of security items, with enabled and disabled on each. SIM was set to enabled for me. I think everything else was set to disabled. your milage may vary…
- now type in MEP2 (holding down ALT for 2).
- you will be prompted for an unlock code. we you get this is up to you… i wont give out links to that sort of thing… i got mine direct from my carrier…
- hit enter and your locks will disapear (Sim and maybe carrier will now be listed as disabled).
- reboot your phone and remember to turn on your data connections.
Hope this helps someone!