MSIL – The language of the CLR, part 1
A couple of weeks back, I mentioned I wanted to become a better developer. I even blogged about it here. Well, I mentioned this to my manager, and he had some suggestions that I should do to help me become a better developer. one of these was learning the .NET Framework, fully, including knowing what the compiler does to my C# code when I click compile.
I liked this suggestion (by the way, he did just say “Learn a Framework”, not specifically the .NET Framework. but since I work for Microsoft, and target the .NET Framework in 99% of my code (the other 1% being scripts) I think the .NET Framework is a perfect choice…).
Anyway, on the the point of the post. Granville Barnett has posted an article over at Channel 8 (yep, news to me too actually! I knew about Channel 9 (hell I even have a couple of 9 Guys lying around the house and in work) and on10, but where did Channel 8 come from?) about MSIL (Microsoft Intermediate Language) and explaining why you would learn it, what it does, etc. Very cool.
By the way: Channel 8 is like Channel 9, but more aimed at Students who want to code, connect and create technology (borrowed from their About page). Cool stuff!
If you like the article, Kick it here.